Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Family Heritage Layouts

Just thought I would add a few pictures of some of the projects I have been working on lately. You may have noticed from past posts that I have been doing some family heritage projects.  I have a few more to share that I had not gotten around to posting yet.  (Just click on the photos for a larger view)

The first is an October desktop image for my laptop. It is a tribute to my grandniece who lost her battle to Cystic Fibrosis. October is her birthday month so I made this desktop in memory of her.


Next are some layouts using old family pictures.

Yep, that is me when I was little.  Don't you love that grumpy one! Mom said she woke me up to take pictures while the sun was right and I was NOT happy.
Keystone Scraps - Midnight Masquerade Kit was used for this one.
My Granddad Ireland's family.
True North Scraps - Antiquities and Curiosities kit with Midnight Masquerade Bonus ALpha and Sensational Scraps Vol 3 template pack both from Keystone Scraps.
My parents and grandparents.
I used Busy Crafting Mommy Designs's Birds of a Feather kit, plus the frame from Wendy Tunison's Two Hearts kit.

My mom and her sister Joyce. (Oops, title is backwards - Mom is on the right, Joyce on the left  in both photos,)
 October Scraps N Pieces Store Collab Steampunk kit used.
Mom, Dad and us kids. I love this old photo that my Aunt Eulalia hand colored long ago.
I used Wendy Tunison's Our Home and Family Kit
My Mom's older siblings - LaRita, Moyne, Dean and Dale
Kits from Wendy Tunison Designs: Pride and Prejudice, A Gentleman's Agreement, Simply Blue, Simplicity, Simply Turquoise, Lancelot & Guinevere, & Country Market - with some recoloring.
I think I may have posted this one a while back but it belongs here with all these other family photos so I am adding it too.
Main kit used is Press Forward Saints by Scraps n Pieces with additional ellies from the A Gentleman's Agreement Collab, and Wendy Tunison's Tickle the Earth and This n That kits 
And finally a recent one I did of my dad. This is a current photo but I just love that smile and had to include it here. Enjoy.
Always with a story to tell - love this shot of Dad.
A Gentleman's Agreement Collab by Wendy Tunison and Busy Crafting Mommy, with a couple of extra ellies from Wendy's Autumn Harvest kit.
I hope you have enjoyed this little journey down memory lane with me. If you haven't started scrapping your family photos really think about doing it. You will be amazed how it brings back so many good memories of those who made you who you are.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Beautiful layouts & what a wonderful way to show memories of family for generations to come!
Hugs Lucy