Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things to be thankful for

As we approach the holiday season, I have seen a number of my friends posting things that they are thankful for. As Pres. Thomas S. Monson said, we should have "an attitude of gratitude". I want to say that I have been truly blessed. The list is long, but here are a few of the things for which I am grateful:
  • stalwart parents who loved me and taught me to be a caring person.
  • a devoted husband who is always there for me, and spoils me a lot.
  • wonderful children who have grown into fine adults of which I am so proud.
  • fantastic grandchildren who are too smart and talented and beautiful for words.
  • really awesome brothers who have always loved me and watched over me through the years.
  • living in the USA where we are free to live according to the dictates of our hearts.
  • those men and women who serve us so faithfully.
  • And...most of all for a Saviour who gave all that we might return to our Heavenly Father when our time here is over.

2 comments:

abby j said...

I'm thankful for creative friends like you, Connie! Happy Thanksgiving!! Love your blog...
Hugs,
Abby

Gaby Bee said...

Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2011!

Hugs, Gaby