I've been tagged by my daughter Letha. I feel special! Now to see if I can do this right!
Here are the rules
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
5. Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged.
So, let's see what I can tell you about myself that is quirky but boring...hmmm...Letha seems to think that I have a lot of funny boring stuff to share, but I can't think of much. Maybe she just thinks I am odd and boring! LOL
1. I am a packrat. I hoard things that "might come in handy one day." I think I got this from my mom and passed it on to my girls. Yikes, not such a good idea there. I just like my art "stuff". I like to sort and organize it as much as "play" with it. I am a very tactile person, I like to touch. A friend said she just likes to fondle her quilting fabrics. I totally understand that concept.
2. I love babies - I love to touch their soft skin and they smell so heavenly - and are so much fun to cuddle. I especially love my grandbabies, even when they are no longer babies. My grandchildren are one of my greatest joys. I am definitely one of those grammas that just want to talk about their wonderful grandkids. To me this is exciting...I am sure others find it boring, especially if they want me to "shut up" so they can talk about their grandkids - who are not nearly as wonderful as MINE! LOL
3. Is this quirky? I have been married 41 years to my college sweetheart and we are still in love! He is a jewel!
4. When I love, I love deeply and it is so hard to let go. I lost my mom four years ago and there still is not a day that goes by that I don't grieve for her. I miss her so much. I love my children and am so glad we have good relationships, but I hope when I am gone that they will not grieve as much for me as I do for my mother...it is a hard thing to miss someone so much.
5. I love cocoanut cream pie (not a mis-spelling...this is how my mom spelled coconut)...the good kind that my mom used to make with a cooked cream filling and toasted cocoanut sprinkled meringue on top.
6. Contrary to Letha, I LOVE chocolate...dark sweet chocolate, dark bitter chocolate, creamy milk chocolate, chocolate raspberry truffles, pecan marnier chocolates, decadent chocolate covered candied fruit, homemade fudge, chocolate cake with chocolate icing, brownie delights, and of course, hot fudge sundaes (actually our Dairy Queen make an awesome one called Almond Chocolate Rock Treat - ice cream with hot fudge, toasted almonds and topped with dipping chocolate which hardens and holds it all together - and because I am friends with the owners, they always add a cherry to the top of mine) You name it...I LOVE CHOCOLATE...but it has to be quality chocolate...don't give me cheap waxy chocolate ...I want the REAL thing!
Enough about me. Here are my six friends that I am tagging:
Marion - Such talent, such fun, so quirky...that is how I see her blog ...a delight!
Wrick - Combining traditional and digital methods to create awesome art is his forte. Very cool!
Susan - Beautiful, evocative art that truly inspires.
Kim - Kim is such a talented artist...and decorator. I wish I could have her come do my house for the holidays!!! check out her flickr too.
Hermine - Fun, inspirational art. Thanks Hermine for the freebies, and also for the subtitles for us English speaking people!
Kelsey - I love Kelsey's art. And, those new beeswax pieces are so yummy!