Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More on my trip to visit my family in South Dakota

I don't know how to express how good this trip was for me....or how much I needed to go...which I did not realize until after I was on the road. I was so sad and blue, and I did not realize that it was because I had this need to go see my family. Words cannot express the graditude that I feel to a dear friend who would see what I needed and make it happen. They say that a friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway. I say, a true friend is someone who understands your need when you are too close to the situation to see it yourself, and then makes the solution a reality. Thank you, Linda.

While I was "home" my niece Nicki (who lost her 16 year old daughter to Cystic Fibrosis a year ago in January) said, "You don't know how much I have been needing a hug from my aunt Connie." What she didn't know was how much I needed that hug too. Family is so important to me...sometimes when you live far away you think you are OK with it ... until you get together, then you just know how much you need each other, and how much you miss that family support.

Today I was reading Keron's blog and she is doing Sarah's Journal Challenge. I want to do that. Let's be honest...I need to do that! I know I am starting way behind, but I think I will start today by putting together my own journal from some heavy paper I have here...it will work great and will hold up to the "abuse". So I am off to build a journal. Have a great day.

No comments: